Gordon Lightfoot Forums

Gordon Lightfoot Forums (http://www.corfid.com/vbb//index.php)
-   Small Talk (http://www.corfid.com/vbb//forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Any Doctor Who fans out there?Whowas your favourite & why? (http://www.corfid.com/vbb//showthread.php?t=17045)

timetraveler 08-20-2006 02:58 PM

I've been wondering for some time if there were any other "Whovians", or whatever you choose to call them. My personal favourite was the Late Jon Pertwee. He was such an old-fashioned gentleman, and yet he still seemed to identify with the youth of today.

BILLW 08-20-2006 03:14 PM

I agree that Pertwee was a great Dr. but I prefer his replacement Tom Baker. For me Tom IS the Dr.

But I also think Christopher Eccleston as the 9th Dr. did a fantastic job bringing the series into this new century.

Bill :)

brink- 08-20-2006 03:51 PM

re-read the post JJ, timetraveler is asking "Whovians" which is about a particular show. NOT T.V. doctors in general.

brink- 08-20-2006 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Jesse -Joe:
Oh sorry about that, Thank's brink, I dont hate you. yf... Jesse.
you aren't my friend, I don't care if you hate me or not. Do I sense a little compunction on your part - nah I don't think so.
Hey there is a circus in town.

brink- 08-20-2006 04:40 PM

Quote:

I guess I have no answer here. I misunderstood the question. Thank-you brink...JJ. :)

Sorry!!

Keeping up with you and your edited or deleted posts is harder than keeping up with my grandkids. I will have to be sure to quote everything when I answer one of your posts. This one you said Dr. Welby and Quincy even though he wasn't a doctor.

brink- 08-20-2006 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by timetraveler:
I can see that I've really set the cat amongst the pidgeons, so to speak.
Not at all - Jesse Joe did that all on his own.

closetcanadian 08-20-2006 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by BILLW:
I agree that Pertwee was a great Dr. but I prefer his replacement Tom Baker. For me Tom IS the Dr.

But I also think Christopher Eccleston as the 9th Dr. did a fantastic job bringing the series into this new century.

Bill :)

I'm in complete agreement. Jon Pertwee was good, but for me Tom Baker will always be the true Doctor Who.

Cathy 08-21-2006 09:14 AM

Can't you two take this off list, somewhere else?

And I think a little tolerance between each other is in order. None of us know what the other person has gone through in life, or is going through now.
Everybody makes a mistake now and then. There's no sense rehashing it and rehashing it and rehashing it.

LSH 08-21-2006 11:18 PM

Brink is having ISP issues today, but wants to relay this:

Cathy, I would love to take off list, but Jesse Joe and his alter egos are never off list.
By the way, there's a circus in town.

Verbatim quote.

SilverHeels 08-22-2006 07:22 AM

I wish Florian would come aboard and disinfect his property, sifting out all the useless and braindead garbage that is collecting here.

LSH 08-22-2006 09:09 AM

Actually, brink is kind, generous and has been known to help those that the rest of us ignore.
All she ever asks is honesty and respect.
When she doesn't get that, when someone violates her privacy, disrepects her and her friends, well then, the softie disappears.
When she is back online, I am sure she will have plenty to say. And then some.

You created problems when it would have been SO easy to get along with the people here.
These are decent people who don't deserve any of this.

brink- 08-22-2006 12:05 PM

Quote:

Menopause, Problems with men's, doesn't like men???.This as been told to me by a unknown source. Also bunch of hypocrites, if there's a circus in town, you are the clowns!!!
menopause? so much better than MENTAL PAUSE.

brink- 08-22-2006 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Diana:
Hi all, I know Brink, she has to be one of the nastiest woman on this site. Shes not happy with who she is. As far as Jesse, I dont know who he is, but he seems to be a real friendly man. Remember everyone before judging someone, have a good look in the mirror. I dont post here often, but this is ridiculous.
post and delete these are the only posts diana has left on the board. You don't know me Jesse Joe, and I certainly don't know you. But it is really sad that you have to TROLL and take several different names. People on this board have been taken in several times before all this, it is just a site for people to come and visit. you have turned it into a "circus" so to speak. don't try to make fools out the people here. You may in fact be a GL fan, but the total disregard for everyone else is not becoming. as far as your depression - if I could believe I would feel sorry for you. But most people with depression do not attack other people, do not do things to intentionally harm, or cause grief. maybe working on cars for so long kept you away from socializing...a heart attack, my patients that have heart attacks embrace the life they have and enjoy getting along, you antagonize the masses. you have talked about foot fetishes, howard stern (virgins and whipped creamed prostitutes), you have nicely been asked to tone down the picture posting (by 7 people that I know of for sure - but that post is gone now), when you decided to change your name - again - to Jesse Joe you posted it on many, many threads which causes problems for people who really want to talk or read about Gordon Lightfoot and don't have time to wade through all of that. You didn't care, it was all about you and what you deemed proper for you. You delete and edit your postings so people are confused as to what is going on, posted many inflamatory items and deleted them so maybe not everyone is aware of all that you have posted. I ignored you most of the time until I found that you posted my full name twice on the internet and copied posts that several members had contributed to and put them elsewhere on the internet. Never were any of these members asked if it was okay to copy thier postings and put them on other boards. I pm'd you about that. You could have had a nice time here and everyone else could have too if you didn't insist on treating members as stupid and being deceitful on who you are.

[ August 22, 2006, 12:50: Message edited by: brink- ]

RM 08-22-2006 01:33 PM

brink,

You've vented well. I have experienced one example of the "hit and run" tactics he employs. However, I was surprised to learn that his guerilla warfare is not confined to a single screen name. That's just weird. Perhaps we could issue a "Jesse-Joe ALERT" as a warning, similar to tornado warnings.

I'm not sure that his behavior can be changed. His pleasure may be derived from having the decent folks get riled up. He's a coward, ashamed and afraid of his own image.

RMD

[ August 22, 2006, 14:00: Message edited by: RMD ]

Shutup and Deal, I'm Losin' 08-22-2006 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Diana:
Hi all, I know Brink, she has to be one of the nastiest woman on this site. Shes not happy with who she is. As far as Jesse, I dont know who he is, but he seems to be a real friendly man. Remember everyone before judging someone, have a good look in the mirror. I dont post here often, but this is ridiculous.
You're as full of sh@t as an overfilled, overflowing giant-sized septic tank. http://www.septal.com/pics/scumtank1.gif

Shutup and Deal, I'm Losin' 08-22-2006 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by LSH:
Actually, brink is kind, generous and has been known to help those that the rest of us ignore.
I'm probably the main one. I used to be a troll too, but she welcomed me back on here when no one else would.

Quote:

All she ever asks is honesty and respect.
When she doesn't get that, when someone violates her privacy, disrepects her and her friends, well then, the softie disappears.
When she is back online, I am sure she will have plenty to say. And then some.

I also was one of the main ones to have caused her "softie" side to disappear, too. Luckily, that's in the past now. :)

Jessi-Jo, make it easier on yourself now and just stop. Stop posting under several usernames, and stop being such total nut-case. I'm sure if you'd quit all the bullS*** right here right now, it's not too late for you to continue posting here. If the Corfiddlers let me back on after all the crap I caused back in the day, I'm sure they could just about forgive anybody. Well, almost anybody.

Cathy 08-23-2006 10:00 AM

Amen to that, timetraveler.

MistyMoppens 08-23-2006 11:52 AM

Unless I'm dealing with a really vile, destructive person I've just never allowed myself the option of "bitchiness." I know a lot of women who operate that way for sport, though. I've seen so much of it that I just can't do it.

Consequently, most of my friends are guys. They play by a whole other set of rules. And my DH prefers it that way because the chaos/upset level in our home barely exists with this lifestyle.

HOWEVER.. if I see someone hurting an innocent person I can be be "on wheels" and HAULIN' (18 of them, as a matter of fact. woohoo! watchout! LOL!) in zero to 60. And I don't apologize for that. I've seen this pattern before in other eldest siblings. We tend to have an overly protective nature!

hmmm... I guess I can also slip into "bitch" mode when I see some "card-carrying bitch" hassling someone else. It's like "BACK OFF! Who the heck do you think *you* are???" So.. I've got to be honest about that. Not proud of it. Need to work on it more. Don't need a lecture on it from the peanut gallery. ((I'm mean... how cool is it when you hold out an olive branch, use the word "truce" and some total jerk goes on the attack anyway? True colors.))

And I must admit, I thought timetraveler may have been an alter-ego of that person. Upon further thought it would be impossible. Her posts are much too intelligent, she can spell, etc..

A warm welcome to you, timetraveler. I'm sorry it's so late in coming... It's so nice to have you here!

[ August 23, 2006, 11:57: Message edited by: MistyMoppens ]

Shutup and Deal, I'm Losin' 08-23-2006 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by MistyMoppens:
quote:Originally posted by Fading Away:
quote:Originally posted by LSH:

I'm probably the main one. I used to be a troll too, but she welcomed me back on here when no one else would.[/QUOTE]I must say I've been extremely impressed with the changes you've made. Some people have the maturity, courage and wisdom to make changes. Others don't.

Nice going, Fade! Kudos to you!
[/QUOTE]Thanks. :)

Cathy 08-24-2006 08:56 AM

Jesse, I saw Nixon in 1974 when he came back from a trip to China. He landed at Loring Airforce Base in Limestone, and our high school stage band played for him. So, in a sense, I can say I played guitar for the president. He came over and shook everyone's hand, as did Ford and Kissenger.

And then, a few months later, he resigned. :eek:

Cathy 08-24-2006 10:29 AM

Oh, I'm sure he said something, but I don't really remember exactly what he said.

Cathy 08-24-2006 10:31 AM

Where do you live, timetraveler? Maybe he's coming to a venue close to you.

Cathy 08-25-2006 08:12 AM

I spent the night in Little Rock in 1976, during a drive from Maine to Houston Texas.

SilverHeels 08-25-2006 01:25 PM

I was there last July. I even had my photo taken with Bill ...well, with his lifesize statue at the Clinton Museum. ;)

SilverHeels 08-26-2006 11:28 AM

T-T,I was only in Little ROck over night but I did get to Hot Springs, which we loved! I doubt I shall get the chance to return to that area but I did enjoy my visit.