Gordon Lightfoot Forums

Gordon Lightfoot Forums (http://www.corfid.com/vbb//index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.corfid.com/vbb//forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Which Song By Another Artist Would You Like To Hear Gord Sing? (http://www.corfid.com/vbb//showthread.php?t=14195)

Chris M 08-12-2000 03:17 AM

My choice is an older one, from the 80's.
It's called "Elizabeth" and it's a beautiful love song with a haunting melody. I think he could really nail that one! The songs with
the haunting melodies have been known to drive me to helpless tears by their sheer
beauty... They can be quite overwhelming at times. Do any of you other ladies find that happening to you, too?

midnightmisty 08-12-2000 03:17 AM

My choice is an older one, from the 80's.
It's called "Elizabeth" and it's a beautiful love song with a haunting melody. I think he could really nail that one! The songs with
the haunting melodies have been known to drive me to helpless tears by their sheer
beauty... They can be quite overwhelming at times. Do any of you other ladies find that happening to you, too?

fezo 08-12-2000 02:33 PM

Misty, we are all cry babies on this site - especially when it comes to the beautiful music of GL but why did you have to go and spoil things for me by suggesting ELIZABETH!
I'm trying so hard to forget she even exists
BTW - sorry but I dont recall the song. Wanna
sing a line or two ... http://www.corfid.com/ubb/smile.gif

Silver Heels 08-12-2000 02:33 PM

Misty, we are all cry babies on this site - especially when it comes to the beautiful music of GL but why did you have to go and spoil things for me by suggesting ELIZABETH!
I'm trying so hard to forget she even exists
BTW - sorry but I dont recall the song. Wanna
sing a line or two ... http://www.corfid.com/ubb/smile.gif

Rose 08-12-2000 03:42 PM

I have never heard this song either and my name is Elizabeth. Please let us know who sings it. Speaking of THAT Elizabeth after talking with her for about ten minutes in Buffalo, I found her to be a very kind and sharing person. (Even if she is maried to Gord)

sundownbuff 08-12-2000 03:42 PM

I have never heard this song either and my name is Elizabeth. Please let us know who sings it. Speaking of THAT Elizabeth after talking with her for about ten minutes in Buffalo, I found her to be a very kind and sharing person. (Even if she is maried to Gord)

fezo 08-12-2000 07:26 PM

Sundownbuff, et tu, Elizabeth!!!!
Its bad enough when the guys start on about her but not us gals too, please. (LOL)
I am sure she is all beauty inside and out
(bring on the bucket) but I still wish one
of the guys would kidnap her, leaving Gord
to us. Is that too much to ask http://www.corfid.com/ubb/smile.gif

Silver Heels 08-12-2000 07:26 PM

Sundownbuff, et tu, Elizabeth!!!!
Its bad enough when the guys start on about her but not us gals too, please. (LOL)
I am sure she is all beauty inside and out
(bring on the bucket) but I still wish one
of the guys would kidnap her, leaving Gord
to us. Is that too much to ask http://www.corfid.com/ubb/smile.gif

Dorothea 08-12-2000 08:10 PM

Ladies please...!!

Sorry, I got on this thread by mistake...

Frank v 08-12-2000 08:10 PM

Ladies please...!!

Sorry, I got on this thread by mistake...

Rose 08-12-2000 08:34 PM

You know Silver that is a good idea, maybe Frank will.

sundownbuff 08-12-2000 08:34 PM

You know Silver that is a good idea, maybe Frank will.

charlene 08-12-2000 10:53 PM

http://search.mp3.com/bin/search/?hpcgi2
check this listing at MP3 and see if you recognize the song! I can't imagine who it would be by! Do you have any other lyrics?
the same 37 songs come up in every category.
Char

charlene 08-12-2000 10:53 PM

http://search.mp3.com/bin/search/?hpcgi2
check this listing at MP3 and see if you recognize the song! I can't imagine who it would be by! Do you have any other lyrics?
the same 37 songs come up in every category.
Char

Chris M 08-13-2000 12:15 AM

Wow! I like you guys already! Actually, I've been peeking in for the longest time, aching to join in the fun! And after reading for months, I feel as though I know you.

Alright, I'll tell you who sang "Elizabeth"'
but please don't say "ICK" and rush to
judgement, ok? I don't care for that other group, but heard the song once, by accident
and fell in love with it. But the record just for the song. Please don't write it off
til you can get to a used record store and buy it. You'll get all womanly and melty and fly-away.... just like we do with Gord's
songs...... Here goes - it's by, um, ah, gulp
The Statler Brothers! And it's sooooooo
beautiful!!!! I've always loved the song, not the group. And then when he found his
wonderful Elizabeth it really became very
meaningful to me..... Remember how alone he was for all those years? He's finally happy and I'm assuming at peace so I wish he'd
at least give that one a try! I realize that
he just doesn't record alot of other people's
work (and boy, would we be mad if he did,
right everyone?) but this would be just so
exquistly beautiful and an extraordinary gift for his "bride"! Am I the only woman
here who's not wildly infatuated with him
anymore? Wow, I had it bad too, aching, longing, longing, aching.... But I sad during those years alone. So if he's happy,
I am THRILLED!!!!! What say we have him cloned! I'll take 2 copies, please. (just like the LP's and CD's - I need a "spare" in case of an emergency) actually, in order to play it safe on this conservative message
board....i must say more more.....

I think I'm going to be very happy here!
Thanks everyone!

midnightmisty 08-13-2000 12:15 AM

Wow! I like you guys already! Actually, I've been peeking in for the longest time, aching to join in the fun! And after reading for months, I feel as though I know you.

Alright, I'll tell you who sang "Elizabeth"'
but please don't say "ICK" and rush to
judgement, ok? I don't care for that other group, but heard the song once, by accident
and fell in love with it. But the record just for the song. Please don't write it off
til you can get to a used record store and buy it. You'll get all womanly and melty and fly-away.... just like we do with Gord's
songs...... Here goes - it's by, um, ah, gulp
The Statler Brothers! And it's sooooooo
beautiful!!!! I've always loved the song, not the group. And then when he found his
wonderful Elizabeth it really became very
meaningful to me..... Remember how alone he was for all those years? He's finally happy and I'm assuming at peace so I wish he'd
at least give that one a try! I realize that
he just doesn't record alot of other people's
work (and boy, would we be mad if he did,
right everyone?) but this would be just so
exquistly beautiful and an extraordinary gift for his "bride"! Am I the only woman
here who's not wildly infatuated with him
anymore? Wow, I had it bad too, aching, longing, longing, aching.... But I sad during those years alone. So if he's happy,
I am THRILLED!!!!! What say we have him cloned! I'll take 2 copies, please. (just like the LP's and CD's - I need a "spare" in case of an emergency) actually, in order to play it safe on this conservative message
board....i must say more more.....

I think I'm going to be very happy here!
Thanks everyone!

Dorothea 08-13-2000 04:51 AM

Sorry Ladies, I'm trying to find the way out...(These Ladies clubs...!)

Who was it that said 'I'd love to be alone with 4 women'...?

Frank v 08-13-2000 04:51 AM

Sorry Ladies, I'm trying to find the way out...(These Ladies clubs...!)

Who was it that said 'I'd love to be alone with 4 women'...?

Janice 08-13-2000 07:50 AM

MidnightMisty,

No "ICK" here, I love the Statler Brothers. But than I like country music and I love their harmonies. Now that you're talking about it, I do remember the song "Elizabeth".

BTW, welcome to the board!

Janice

Chris M 08-13-2000 09:14 AM

Hello Janice and thanks for the welcome.
What a friendly group! Fun, too!

I like contemporary country, too, but have been away from it for awhile. Used to love
Restless Heart!

Did you like "Elizabeth"? How do you think
Gord would do with it? As far as I'm concerned that man can do anything. But I feel that there's alot still left in his soul
that needs to come out, So I'm waiting......
.....I'm STILL waiting...... (greedy)

Actually, my heart's desire would be to have him record "My Love For You" from the movie
Harry Tracey even though he didn't write that
one either. It was sooo dreeeamy.....

midnightmisty 08-13-2000 09:14 AM

I like contemporary country, too, but have been away from it for awhile. Used to love
Restless Heart!

Gord would do with it? As far as I'm concerned that man can do anything. But I feel that there's alot still left in his soul

Actually, my heart's desire would be to have him record "My Love For You" from the movie

Chris M 08-13-2000 09:15 AM

Restless Heart!

midnightmisty 08-13-2000 09:15 AM

Restless Heart!

Chris M 08-13-2000 09:19 AM

Sorry about the double post. I'm new here.
Can you get into trouble for this kind of mistake? Yikes!

midnightmisty 08-13-2000 09:19 AM

Sorry about the double post. I'm new here.
Can you get into trouble for this kind of mistake? Yikes!