Gordon Lightfoot Forums

Gordon Lightfoot Forums (http://www.corfid.com/vbb//index.php)
-   Small Talk (http://www.corfid.com/vbb//forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   My new house (http://www.corfid.com/vbb//showthread.php?t=16881)

Cathy 04-08-2006 11:34 AM

This is the new house I just bought. http://www.allmaine.com/bartnjakerea...asp?item=12063

The closing is on May 5th. Dan is getting married, to a woman with three kids, girls ages 7, 10 and 12, and they'll be living with us. I still can't live on my own, and probably never will. It's a good thing I like kids!

brink- 04-08-2006 01:04 PM

Looks great Cathy, I had looked in that area a couple years ago because it was so reasonable - you even get a pool!!
Very nice that you like kids, congrats to Dan.

SilverHeels 04-08-2006 01:07 PM

Love your house, Cathy, as I told you when I first saw it. And I cannot believe the price!
Wow! Enjoy, buddy. Health and happiness in abundance to you and yours. :)

Cathy 04-08-2006 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by SilverHeels:
Love your house, Cathy, as I told you when I first saw it. And I cannot believe the price!
Wow! Enjoy, buddy. Health and happiness in abundance to you and yours. :)

It's quite a high price for these parts. If it were anywhere other than Presque Isle, it would go for $80,000 or less.

Cathy 04-08-2006 06:22 PM

Right, Brink. There's a pool, but only about 2 months of swimming weather. I think we should look into one of those clear bubble enclosures, so we can use it year around.

brink- 04-08-2006 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Cathy:
Right, Brink. There's a pool, but only about 2 months of swimming weather. I think we should look into one of those clear bubble enclosures, so we can use it year around.
That would be a great idea, that would help with your pt too. Would be nice swimming and watching the snow fall. lol

Borderstone 04-08-2006 06:41 PM

Beautiful house Cathy! :) I'm 100% envious of you. In celebration,a song!

"Her house,in the middle of the street,
her house,it really can't be beat!"
"Her house.is her castle & her home,
her house filled with pink isulation foam!!! LOL!! :D :D

("Our House" by Madness ;1983)

[ April 08, 2006, 19:08: Message edited by: Borderstone ]

charlene 04-08-2006 07:38 PM

Just this evening I said to Lisa and my mum we should invest in a cover for the backyard so we can use the pool all year round!
lolol
and it would also eliminate the "closing and opening" headache every year!
It's a great place Cathy!!! You're gonna love it!

SilverHeels 04-09-2006 03:50 AM

<<If it were anywhere other than Presque Isle, it would go for $80,000 or less.>>

$80.000???????????? You might get a garage for that over here! Flippin' 'eck! I'm emigrating to the US!

Cathy 04-09-2006 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Borderstone:
Beautiful house Cathy! :) I'm 100% envious of you. In celebration,a song!

"Her house,in the middle of the street,
her house,it really can't be beat!"
"Her house.is her castle & her home,
her house filled with pink isulation foam!!! LOL!! :D :D

("Our House" by Madness ;1983)

No, no, Borderstone. It's "Our house is a very, very, very fine house. With two cats in the yard... life used to be so hard.....

Cathy 04-09-2006 06:40 AM

Quote:

<<If it were anywhere other than Presque Isle, it would go for $80,000 or less.>>

$80.000???????????? You might get a garage for that over here! Flippin' 'eck! I'm emigrating to the US!

I wouldn't do that if I were you, unless you want to live in some puny town in Northern Maine.

Borderstone 04-09-2006 09:11 AM

So true,Cathy! :D I couldn't think of a "House" song right off but took the 1st one into my head and that's always the first. ;)

I 1st heard that C S & N song in that old early 80s commercial,for some brand of sausage! :rolleyes: What a way to get intro'd to a cool group like them! :cool:

Sundreme 04-09-2006 09:30 AM

OMG...126 thousand for a 4 bedroom, two bathroom house?? With a pool?! Is that a detached garage I see?
Here in the Miami area you can't even get a tiny little condo for that anymore.
Two months of swimming weather or not..its time to move to Maine!

Auburn Annie 04-09-2006 10:45 AM

It's a lovely house, though my first thought was you'll want to add another bath somewhere with three girls approaching adolescence, lol. Your housing prices are similar to ours here in central New York but I'm betting our real estate taxes are higher.

Sundreme said: " OMG...126 thousand for a 4 bedroom, two bathroom house?? With a pool?! Is that a detached garage I see?
Two months of swimming weather or not..its time to move to Maine!"

See, ideally you have two houses, one up north to escape the summer heat, one down south to escape the winter cold. Now if I could just win the lotto...........

Sheryl 04-09-2006 10:50 AM

What a picturesque house, Cathy, congratulations!! The ad says 1 bath? Yikes! You'll have to assign "P" times, LOL!! Is there a room you'll designate as a music room or will it be the garage? No... probably too cold in there unless you convert it. After you move in, post a pic or two of you enjoying your lovely new house!

charlene 04-09-2006 11:29 AM

i like your thinking Annie!
I could keep this place and between Erk, Lori, my sis and cousin I could spend a fair bit of time in Florida!
lol
altho I like it when it's HOT there....that's why I usually am there in July/August! That's when we have summer too!
lol

Janice 04-09-2006 01:57 PM

Quote:

Bru, here in San Diego, the "garage" you speak of would start at around $250,000 (US)

Janice 04-09-2006 02:06 PM

It looks like a great house, Cathy, congratulations! Congratulations to Dan as well - although I still say he is too young to be getting married :D Gosh, it seems like only yesterday he was 17 - has it really been 5 years?!?!? (boy do I feel old)

Janice

stationmaster 04-09-2006 07:46 PM

http://www.heathersanimations.com/me.../grandiose.gif

Cathy 04-09-2006 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sundreme:
OMG...126 thousand for a 4 bedroom, two bathroom house?? With a pool?! Is that a detached garage I see?
Two months of swimming weather or not..its time to move to Maine!

Be sure to bring a warm winter coat and snow boots.

Cathy 04-09-2006 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sheryl:
What a picturesque house, Cathy, congratulations!! The ad says 1 bath? Yikes! You'll have to assign "P" times, LOL!! Is there a room you'll designate as a music room or will it be the garage? No... probably too cold in there unless you convert it. After you move in, post a pic or two of you enjoying your lovely new house!
There's a half bath downstairs and a full bath upstairs.
I don't know about the music room. I guess I'll have to find an empty room somewhere and lay claim to it.

Cathy 04-09-2006 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Janice:
It looks like a great house, Cathy, congratulations! Congratulations to Dan as well - although I still say he is too young to be getting married :D Gosh, it seems like only yesterday he was 17 - has it really been 5 years?!?!? (boy do I feel old)

Janice

Yes. It's been five years. I guess he can't stay 17 forever.

SilverHeels 04-10-2006 04:00 AM

'Half Bath'???? Explain, please?

J: $250.000? Geez, I guess we should all move to Maine!

charlene 04-10-2006 06:29 AM

half bath is a toilet and sink - or sometimes called a 'two-piece'. full bath (3 piece) is toilet,sink and shower/bathtub combo. some full baths have a toilet,sink, shower stall and separate bathtub. the bathtub is usually a jacuzzi type tub/soaker tub.
some call half baths powder rooms as well.
It's like the one in your room downstairs at my place and the one off the kitchen....then upstairs i have two full bathrooms...
I call it TOO many bathrooms!
lol

SilverHeels 04-10-2006 07:34 AM

OK. Gotcha. We have 'half bath' downstairs and we call it the 'cloakroom'.