Gordon Lightfoot Forums

Gordon Lightfoot Forums (http://www.corfid.com/vbb//index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.corfid.com/vbb//forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Lightfoot on Johnny Cash Show (http://www.corfid.com/vbb//showthread.php?t=13646)

GitarGrl 11-12-2005 07:49 AM

I am reading a biography of Johnny Cash and I understand that when Johnny had a TV show in the late 60's, he had Gordon as a guest. Anyone ever see this or know any details (songs performed, etc.)?

zoneranger 11-12-2005 07:49 AM

I am reading a biography of Johnny Cash and I understand that when Johnny had a TV show in the late 60's, he had Gordon as a guest. Anyone ever see this or know any details (songs performed, etc.)?

joveski 11-12-2005 06:18 PM

i have a comilation dvd of artists appearances on the johnny cash but lightfoot isnt on it.

was it just a performance or an interview too??

byKimberly 11-12-2005 08:28 PM

He did CRT and Steel Rail Blues as it was a show with a train theme. He looked mighty fine too, I might add.
Kimberly

musky_man 11-13-2005 03:49 PM

bykimberly,

You are 100% correct --I recall watching it like it was yesterday. As I recall, he had to cut Steel Rail Blues a little short. Got a great round of applause.

Dan O'Malley 11-16-2005 03:15 PM

Another show, he sang "Softly", and a duet with Johnny on "For Lovin' Me"

kenny 01-04-2006 11:50 PM

I have an excellent copy of this program with Gord playing CRT and an abbreviated version of Steel Rail Blues. It is interesting also to watch Rick Haynes and Red Shea. Anybody interested in trading can contact me via a pm. It is interesting to me how 34 years can change a man in looks. In 71' he was Gorgeous Lightfoot and now he is Grandpa Lightfoot.
Just an innocent observation!!! This Johnny Cash show was described as #47 and was filmed in 1971.

Rich Man Spiritual 01-04-2006 11:50 PM

I have an excellent copy of this program with Gord playing CRT and an abbreviated version of Steel Rail Blues. It is interesting also to watch Rick Haynes and Red Shea. Anybody interested in trading can contact me via a pm. It is interesting to me how 34 years can change a man in looks. In 71' he was Gorgeous Lightfoot and now he is Grandpa Lightfoot.
Just an innocent observation!!! This Johnny Cash show was described as #47 and was filmed in 1971.

Cathy 01-05-2006 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Rich Man Spiritual:

And 34 years ago, Johnny Cash didn't look bad, either, and now he's dead. Too bad we can't all eternally stay 28 years old.

kenny 01-05-2006 09:46 AM

[/qb][/QUOTE]And 34 years ago, Johnny Cash didn't look bad, either, and now he's dead. Too bad we can't all eternally stay 28 years old. [/QB][/QUOTE]
Of course you are correct, BUT I am sure that the cigarettes, booze, drugs and lack of sleep didn't help to prolong the looks, life and voice of either.

Rich Man Spiritual 01-05-2006 09:46 AM

[/qb][/QUOTE]And 34 years ago, Johnny Cash didn't look bad, either, and now he's dead. Too bad we can't all eternally stay 28 years old. [/QB][/QUOTE]
Of course you are correct, BUT I am sure that the cigarettes, booze, drugs and lack of sleep didn't help to prolong the looks, life and voice of either.

alinharrisburg 01-14-2006 07:02 PM

Just to let you wonderful people know that a new movie called "Walk The line" about Johnny Cash is really good. I loved the music and tells of Cashs early days. I have since bought the 4-CD box set called CASH and let me tell you its AWESOME!
The guy is a legend and his songs Im sure most of you Lightheads would also love. Good ole roots music! Cash put out over 100 albums and wrote well over a thousand songs!.
FYI

paddletothesea2 01-14-2006 07:02 PM

Just to let you wonderful people know that a new movie called "Walk The line" about Johnny Cash is really good. I loved the music and tells of Cashs early days. I have since bought the 4-CD box set called CASH and let me tell you its AWESOME!
The guy is a legend and his songs Im sure most of you Lightheads would also love. Good ole roots music! Cash put out over 100 albums and wrote well over a thousand songs!.
FYI

Molly 01-14-2006 07:41 PM

I was a great movie! I am not a Joaquin Phoenix fan but he was dead on in that movie. Fabulous. I will be saving for that box set too, I bet it is great.

SeattleRain 01-15-2006 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by paddletothesea2:
I have since bought the 4-CD box set called CASH and let me tell you its AWESOME!
FYI

If you are refering to the black cloth bound set "CASH UNEARTHED" I concur, produced by Rick Rubin, a masterpiece, 5 CD's plus a booklet. Some really great music by the great man.

If you refering to another CD, I apologise. But think about getting this one, you will not regret it.

Jim Nasium 01-15-2006 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by paddletothesea2:
I have since bought the 4-CD box set called CASH and let me tell you its AWESOME!
FYI

If you are refering to the black cloth bound set "CASH UNEARTHED" I concur, produced by Rick Rubin, a masterpiece, 5 CD's plus a booklet. Some really great music by the great man.

If you refering to another CD, I apologise. But think about getting this one, you will not regret it.

SilverHeels 01-15-2006 08:46 AM

<<Too bad we can't all eternally stay 28 years old.>>

Cathy, I thought we did ;)
Oh - hang on - I forgot. We are all 39, forever. Right?
LOL

Cathy 01-15-2006 12:07 PM

I was doing great at staying 39 until August 6th. I had a bit of a set back. Now, I feel 39 until about 6PM. Then I quickly age to about 70 and fall asleep watching TV.