Gordon Lightfoot Forums

Gordon Lightfoot Forums (http://www.corfid.com/vbb//index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.corfid.com/vbb//forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Massey Hall-May 2008-Thanks from Paul in England (http://www.corfid.com/vbb//showthread.php?t=18508)

Paul (PJB) 05-13-2008 09:22 AM

Massey Hall-May 2008-Thanks from Paul in England

It was a long journey home, but all connections worked well. I hope this is OK - I would like to post some thank you messages.

Char and Lisa - Char is a dear friend and one of the kindest people I have ever met. Thanks for everything.
Anne, Lori, Donnie, Melanie - It was great to see you all again.
Ron - Thanks for organising the jam sessions. McVeigh's was a great venue and I really enjoyed your singing and playing.
John, Susan and Joan - Thanks for your company as always.
John, Paul, Paul,TG - Thanks for great performances at McVeighs.
Bill and Family - Great to meet you at last.
Dan and Nancy - Lovely to see you again, as always.
Martin, Peter - It was an unexpected treat to meet two fellow Gord fans from England.
JJ - Thanks for the recording, excellent job as usual.
Brian, Pam, Cathy, Val - Great to see you.
Mr Fiedler - Supplier of superb seats.
The band - They were all excellent as usual. I especially enjoyed Terry's performances - outstanding every time.
Gord - My absolute hero and a true genius. I suspect he thinks "Oh no, here's that crazy Englishman again"!!!

I had a marvellous time but I missed several old friends - Jenney, Melissa and Denny, Deb, Sharron, Bill H, Derek, Ed and Sharmian, Bru, David, Al, Yuri, Cathy C, Matt, Colorado Sue....

Finally, I missed Barry Harvey who was always kind to me.

I hope I haven't left anyone out.....

lighthead2toe 05-13-2008 09:29 AM

Re: Thanks from Paul in England

Paul you said it all for me. You are a very nice guy and I am happy to have met you and have you as my friend. I look forward to seeing you again and hopefully you can bring James along and have him join us on stage all being well. Ron J.

podunklander 05-13-2008 09:47 AM

It was very nice to meet you Paul! Glad you had a safe trip home and of course, glad you had such a great time!

Pam

BILLW 05-13-2008 10:13 AM

Yes sir, the pleasure was ours Paul. Now that we've finally met I look forward to seeing you the next time. I enjoyed the 'long walk' we got to take together on Saturday after dinner, as my Mom used to say "water seeks it's own level", LOL.

Bill :)

Paul (PJB) 05-13-2008 12:12 PM

I knew I wouldn't catch everyone the first time round. Harold, it was great to see you again my friend. Also, I wished Kenyon, Mary-Ann and Janice could have been with us....and Sam The Record Man!

Thanks Ron, Pam and Bill. Ron, I have told James all about the jam sessions. Not only would he have got up to play Lightfoot songs, he would have wanted to play with the pub band; their songs were right up his street.

charlene 05-13-2008 12:31 PM

Oh yeah - we'd love to hear some Flogging Molly from James!
;)
You know how happy I am when you're here..and HMV records thank you for helping them exceed their proposed sales figures for the year..as does the Clinique desk at Sears..
;)

brink- 05-13-2008 05:39 PM

Paul, I missed seeing you too. I hope to see you at the next Massey get together, perhaps James will join us.
Glad you had a good trip home, with all your goodies, made your wife quite happy I am sure.

Deb

mnmouse 05-13-2008 10:28 PM

Paul,
Sounds like you had a wonderful time, as always!! I very much missed seeing you too, as well as all of the other wonderful people we met and spent time with in our previous Massey Hall adventure. Hope to be there in November of 2009.
Sharron