Gordon Lightfoot Forums

Gordon Lightfoot Forums (http://www.corfid.com/vbb//index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.corfid.com/vbb//forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Does Gord do interviews? (http://www.corfid.com/vbb//showthread.php?t=11849)

Martin/12 09-29-2001 11:23 PM

I ask this question because I am contemplating putting together a 'zine, one that would cover a wide variety of musical stlyes but wouldn't waste time trying to pin down trends or report on artists that are being played on radio and MTV. Right now I have a very, very diverse group of artists that I would like to interview for the first issue, musicians that I believe are accessible enough to consider but would be of interest to a good number of people, not just local bands and such.

One of the names on the dream list is Gordon Lightfoot, and before I go about trying to contact him or his agent I was wondering if anyone here could tell me if I should even bother. I don't if Mr. Lightfoot grants many interviews or if he'd even want to bother with someone isn't from an established magazine, newspaper, radio station, etc...

I know that I don't have anything to lose by trying to get in touch with him, but I don't want to bother the man with questions if he's not into interviews. Can anyone give me any advice? Thinking about doing this zine I feel a little overwhelmed, a little out of my league. I need some confidence before I even try to approach him.

And when I say "before I even try to approach him," I mean e-mailing his agent, which I think that I'll have to do very tactfully if I'm going to have a chance.

starwire 09-29-2001 11:23 PM

I ask this question because I am contemplating putting together a 'zine, one that would cover a wide variety of musical stlyes but wouldn't waste time trying to pin down trends or report on artists that are being played on radio and MTV. Right now I have a very, very diverse group of artists that I would like to interview for the first issue, musicians that I believe are accessible enough to consider but would be of interest to a good number of people, not just local bands and such.

One of the names on the dream list is Gordon Lightfoot, and before I go about trying to contact him or his agent I was wondering if anyone here could tell me if I should even bother. I don't if Mr. Lightfoot grants many interviews or if he'd even want to bother with someone isn't from an established magazine, newspaper, radio station, etc...

I know that I don't have anything to lose by trying to get in touch with him, but I don't want to bother the man with questions if he's not into interviews. Can anyone give me any advice? Thinking about doing this zine I feel a little overwhelmed, a little out of my league. I need some confidence before I even try to approach him.

And when I say "before I even try to approach him," I mean e-mailing his agent, which I think that I'll have to do very tactfully if I'm going to have a chance.

charlene 09-30-2001 10:55 PM

You would be contactng Barry Harvey at EMP. at 905-924-1146 - Toronto. Lightfoot may give ONE print interview close to the time he does his Massey shows here in Toronto. That's it. In other towns across North America most interviews, if granted, are done by phone from his office or home as arranged by EMP.
He's not one to court the media to any degree as compared to many stars but it won't hurt to try.
Best of luck.
Char

charlene 09-30-2001 10:55 PM

You would be contactng Barry Harvey at EMP. at 905-924-1146 - Toronto. Lightfoot may give ONE print interview close to the time he does his Massey shows here in Toronto. That's it. In other towns across North America most interviews, if granted, are done by phone from his office or home as arranged by EMP.
He's not one to court the media to any degree as compared to many stars but it won't hurt to try.
Best of luck.
Char