Gordon Lightfoot Forums

Gordon Lightfoot Forums (http://www.corfid.com/vbb//index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.corfid.com/vbb//forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Yarmouth Castle (http://www.corfid.com/vbb//showthread.php?t=13789)

brink- 10-11-2006 09:44 PM

another great one by Stonewall Studios. It certainly makes the song come to life.

musky_man 10-12-2006 05:19 AM

Thanks - again, one of my top 10 GL tunes.

charlene 10-12-2006 05:54 AM

Love it!! - one of my faves too!

Peter Bro10 10-12-2006 07:29 AM

I've always thought this was one of Gord's great ones. But I thought it was fictional... never knew it was "real".
Great video! I'll revisit it for sure.

brink- 10-12-2006 09:54 AM

A comment from Stonewall Studios re: this video

"The interior cabin images and the empty dining hall view set for dinner are images from the 1965 Travel Brochure for the SS Yarmouth Castle."

Alan 10-12-2006 10:55 AM

Hi Folks:
D. messaged me about this forum...I have been busy researching and producing "Videos" for Youtube that I have not participated in this forum..'til now...Yarmouth was completely consuming for about 6 hours ..thank you for the support of my work and feel free to ask anything about what I have done with great Gordon Lightfoot tunes or am working on..like " Home from the Forest".

charlene 10-12-2006 01:25 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SS_Yarmouth_Castle

info re: Yarmouth Castle

phishfearme 10-12-2006 01:35 PM

a request for stonewall studios - PLEASE do a vid on "shadows"!!! thanks.

Borderstone 10-12-2006 03:47 PM

Awesome!! :) :cool: Way to go Deb! ;)

Alan 10-12-2006 04:21 PM

"Home From The Forest" is now on Youtube
Nick Nolte is the "Old Man" ...it is set in Chicago and Viet Nam.

Special thanks to Deb who co-produced-soundrack and video theme base.This turned out to be a moment of silence for "The Wall of Names" of those who paid the ultimate price...this was not planned...likely a contribution of the Ghost Engineers who often tweak my work in different ways. :eek:
Cheers :eek:

brink- 10-12-2006 05:00 PM

Just perfect Teejay. A heart tugger no doubt. Sure brings the words to life. You are magic!

Alan 10-12-2006 05:14 PM

Bakers Dozen-Gordon Lightfoot-Stonewall Playlist

I have created a playlist of the 13 Gordon Lightfoot videos currently (12-10-2006)on Youtube here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...070738A54F9DCC
:D
I might open a separate topic if that is ok and use it to keep a record of the individual URLS for each of the videos..13 now going to 20 within a week or so. Enjoy
Cheers

Alan 10-12-2006 05:25 PM

I just tried the link: when the page opens click on "play all videos"...then "Railroad Trilogy" opens and you will see the playlist, to the right, under the description area.
You can click on the lower left cross icon on one or all of the video icons and create your own QuickPlay list ..at least you don't have to search anywhere else for them. lol
Enjoy and let me know what you think.
Cheers

Jennifer 10-12-2006 05:33 PM

Wow, these videos just get better and better... if it's possible to exceed this latest one, I think the next video might just self-combust!! :eek:

Thank you to Stonewall Studios, glad to see you've joined us over here! :D

Ol Man River 10-12-2006 06:29 PM

Thanks for the video, it is actually the first video I have seen on youtube. I guess that tell you I am over 20. What ablum is this song on.
________
CHEAP VAPORIZER

culverd 10-12-2006 06:29 PM

Thanks for the video, it is actually the first video I have seen on youtube. I guess that tell you I am over 20. What ablum is this song on.

vlmagee 10-12-2006 07:32 PM

Yarmouth Castle is on Sunday Concert. It was never recorded in the studio, but this live version is wonderful. Lightfoot performed it live pretty much until he wrote his "other" shipwreck song.

The song is available on CD on several different versions of the Sunday Concert album, and also on a few compilations. My recommendation is the Bear Family import (Sunday Concert Plus) which has better mastering and 5 bonus tracks. You can find more info on this CD, and the others, at my web site.

Alan 10-12-2006 08:22 PM

S H A D O W S: The 14th GLSV (Gordon Lightfoot StonewallStudio Video) is uploading now...Shadows was requested by phishfearme and co-produced with D.
Cheers

Alan 10-12-2006 08:39 PM

"Shadows" just went Live!
Enjoy and Cheers

Janie 10-12-2006 10:33 PM

Thanks for the great showing of Yarmouth Castle. I recall seeing a documentary on this sinking a few years ago, and incredibly the events unfolded as Gord's song relates. A number of passengers were interviewed and they did report seeing "the captain in his life boat a-leavin'" It was quite an emotional interview for many of the people and very poignant to watch. It was a horrific fire that they described. The captain went sort of "underground" after that and would not return to the US for questioning. Unfortunately, I can't give you any details as to who produced this or how you could get a copy of it. Perhaps John with his magic computer would be able to help out with this one. Thanks Ms. Brink for bringing this video to light!

hkusam 10-12-2006 10:33 PM

Thanks for the great showing of Yarmouth Castle. I recall seeing a documentary on this sinking a few years ago, and incredibly the events unfolded as Gord's song relates. A number of passengers were interviewed and they did report seeing "the captain in his life boat a-leavin'" It was quite an emotional interview for many of the people and very poignant to watch. It was a horrific fire that they described. The captain went sort of "underground" after that and would not return to the US for questioning. Unfortunately, I can't give you any details as to who produced this or how you could get a copy of it. Perhaps John with his magic computer would be able to help out with this one. Thanks Ms. Brink for bringing this video to light!

geodeticman 10-13-2006 01:22 AM

Teejay and Brink,

Thank you so much; these are fantastic ! geo Steve

Jennifer 10-14-2006 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Peter Bro10:
I've always thought this was one of Gord's great ones.
I agree, I return to this song a lot. It really draws the listener in. And it's chilling, the unique perspective of telling the story as if the ship is a living entity.

"Is she cryin for the ones who lie
Within her molten sides?
Or cryin for herself, Im a-wonderin"

StonewallStudios: by any chance is there a video for Too Much to Lose in the works? :)

Alan 10-14-2006 04:23 PM

"Too Much to Lose"..not scheduled yet...could be scheduled for next week tho. :D

Jesse Joe 10-14-2006 05:20 PM

This Yarmouth Castle; song, has long been a favorite of mine. Pure poet genius writing, to such a tragic true story. And pure genius images, to go along in your video, Gahoendoe.

"Seven Island Suite", is a favorite amongst most here. I know it has been my personal favorite, from the first time I heard it, in 1974. :)